Monday, May 31, 2010

Piranha

The Story of the Piranha. They feast on blood. As I was swimming in the Amazon - a little nervous knowing there are some interesting fish and sea creatures below me... praying Anacondas and Crocodiles aren't near. I tread near Pablo and ask for his assurance that we are okay swimming in this water. He shakes his head and affirms that there is no need to worry... Then he pauses! ... unless it's your "feminine time" ... I looked at him, knowing exactly what he was trying to say ... and without another word, I swam myself back to the boat so fast you would have thought I came with a motor. I come to find out that Piranha's feed on blood. Hmmmm, I think I'll play on the boat. Hahaha it was a good 2 minutes while it lasted!

On a 2nd note, I had the opportunity to hang out with Alana and Marcos in the dentist room. They were pulling out some teeth of the local fisherman. Alana politely asked the guy if he can catch piranha's, to which the guy said yes. During our siesta, he returns to the boat... after his small prodecure to get his teeth removed, he fished a Piranha out of the river and brought it to us to see. WOW. Check out them teeth!


No comments:

Post a Comment